- Sauvignon Vin de Pays du Val de Loire remains a steadfast Eton Vintners favourite. Its epithet as our ‘Mini Sancerre’ is well deserved because it compares so well to many of its grand vin peers in the mouth but without the hit to the pocket. Part of the reason is its delicious minerality which comes from the same type of flinty soil that makes many of the Loire’s finest wines. Very aromatic on the nose with notes of pineapple and apricot, it shows good intensity which makes it a highly quaffable alternative that easily bears comparison with many a Sancerre. It has a fragrant nettley character on the palate, along with a crisp acidity and a dry finish. Wonderful with salmon, tuna, shellfish and vegetarian food.
Few white grapes are as universally recognisable. While most are content to aim for no more than citrussy simplicity, Sauvignon Blanc is irrepressible. Its intensely green verve, tart fruit and racy acidity have driven plantings in nearly every cool grape growing region on the globe. Though the south west of France and the more northern Loire Valley both claimed it as their own for many years, it has in the last generation found a new spiritual home in Marlborough, on New Zealand‘s South Island.
*Local Free Delivery: SL3 and SL4 postcode (Windsor/Datchet)
*Local Free Delivery: All SL (Except SL7), HP9, GU25, TW18, TW19 & TW20 postcodes. (Min. 6 bottles or 1 Hamper or 1 of our selected Wine cases purchased)
- England and Wales £10.00
- England and Wales Free Delivery (Over £200 purchased)
- Northern Ireland £30 (All BT postcodes)
- Scotland £15.00 (EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, DG and TD postcodes)
- Scottish Highlands and Islands £ 30.00 (All AB; DD; HS; IV; KW; KA27-28; PA; PH; TR21-25; ZE postcodes)